Recent research says that executives average 23 hours per week in meetings and 49% of participants considered unfocused meetings & projects as the biggest workplace time waster and the primary reason for unproductive work days. In this session you’ll learn tactics to reduce meeting attendance and make meetings the meetings you are attending more efficient and (dare we say) more fun.
Making Meeting Matter And Reclaiming Your Productivity
Attend fewer meetings, with the right people, run interactively, with effective follow up. From pre-meeting planning, to structured meeting styles, to post-meeting follow up, participants will do hands-on training that will improve any meeting they are running. Stop steamrollers before they start, draw out the quiet experts in the room, be strategic with your slide deck and keep your agenda on track. By energizing and activating meetings, hopefully we can get out of meetings a little faster and a little happier.
Meeting Works is perfect for Teams, Individuals, Leaders, Conferences and More.
Learning Outcomes include:
- Gain pre-meeting strategies for agendas, email, calendaring and more
- Gives tools for how to structure meetings for maximum engagement
- Learn facilitation skills to help everyone have their say, while keeping on track
- Engage everyone at the meeting, even those who are quiet or checked out.
- Prevent people from steamrolling meetings
- Learn how to synthesize meeting decisions and conversations into actions
- Improve post-meeting follow up
- Decrease meeting attendance and increase meeting effectiveness
Meeting Works uses these tools and techniques to make big changes in a short amount of time:
- Attend Fewer Meetings, With the Right People
- Reduce the number of meetings you attend and initiate
- Use the Two Pizza Rule to invite the right people
- Plan for Meeting Success
- Send out compelling invitations full of useful information
- Create simple and clear agendas, asking the questions you need answered
- Run Meetings Interactively
- Use Juicers and Icebreakers to optimize participation
- Learn different meeting structures for balanced contributions and quick solutions
- Follow Up with Action
- Know what to include (and what to leave out) of meeting follow up
- Make sure you know how you will know when action items are completed
Click here to visit our main corporate training page to get a free quote!