We are excited to be doing in-person classes again, and judging from the signups for classes, our students and faculty are as well. While we’re slowly returning to a sense of normalcy, with some hiccups, public health remains an overriding concern for our community. We have based our guidelines on the COVID-19 stages outlined by The City of Austin.
The City is currently in: Stage 5
Here is an outline of the action Merlin Works is taking and what we’re asking of our faculty, students, and audiences as we move forward. We will have hand sanitizer and masks available, please wash your hands before you enter a shared space, and do stay home if they are feeling ill. We will do the following at each stage:
- No special requirements.
- Masks are welcomed, but not required.
- Audiences must wear masks in the theater.
- Performers not actively on stage for a show must wear masks in the theater.
- Everyone is encouraged, but it is optional, to wear masks in the classroom.
- Everyone, to include fully vaccinated participants, must wear masks.
- Temperatures will be checked at the door.
- Theater capacity will be reduced and seats will be in groups of two with space between.
- All students and staff are required to wear masks.
- Unvaccinated and those at high risk to COVID are discouraged from attending.
- Temperatures will be checked and hands sanitized at the door.
- Class size will be limited.
- Anyone who is sick, exhibiting symptoms, or not complying with safety protocols will be asked to stay home
- Shows will be paused until The City moves to a lower stage.
Thank you for your time and for complying with these guidelines. We want to remain safe so this is what we are doing to keep our beloved community safe.
We’ll get through this and be back to normal soon! Stay safe in the meantime, *try* not to touch your face, and 🧼 WASH YOUR HANDS 👏