June. The heat is on and it’s only gonna get hotter. Time for Barton Springs, margaritas, and some improv comedy!
Get outta the heat and come by the Whisenhunt stage at the ZACH Theatre (1510 Toomey Road) on June 12th for some fun, short-form, warm-up games during the FREE Improv Jam beginning at 5:30 PM. There will also be refreshing beverages and delicious snacks available in the lobby.
Then at 7:00 PM, the main event:
- The newly formed Merlin Works Improv student troupe will debut!
- Guest troupe Damn Gina perform a long-form narrative in the Armando style.
- Then, Merlin Works house troupe The Known Wizards will round out the evening with spontaneous scenes, hilarious games, surprisingly good songs, and fantastic stories all made up on the spot based on audience input. You say it, they play it–like magic!
At The ZACH you can enjoy:
- A full bar, so you can mingle with other improv fans and Merlin Works students
- Metered Parking
- Reserved Seating
- Professional lights, sound, and stage
So come on down. It’s highly recommended to reserve your seats for the awesomeness that is the Merlin Works Second Sunday show.
For further info on upcoming classes on how to learn the craft, click here!